Thursday, January 2, 2020

Change

This was the decade of change with 2019 being the crescendo. In the last 10 years I remarried, had a baby, and coached many amazing athletes to victories (both team and personal). We traveled to Hawaii, Mexico, Disneyland, and all along the Oregon Coast. I changed jobs twice and watched my very deserving husband retire from teaching. It was a wonderful journey with great friends and new family. All of the changes and challenges of the year have been humbling and brought us so much closer as a family. As we head into the new decade and prepare to celebrate Jillian’s tenth birthday and our tenth wedding anniversary we will continue to celebrate our dreams and set our sights on more goals. I don’t know yet where the new year will lead us, but I do know I’m grateful for the friends and family that supported us on our journey. Love and Hugs to you all and best wishes on your new year.
- - - - - 
2019 saw all of the changes and accomplishments finally come together. 
January flew by with some major plans in the making and coaching my last competition cheer team. 
In February I coached my last cheer squad and retired from 24 years of coaching cheer. 
March was the transition to Track and Jillian’s bridging for Girl Scouts on the Hoover Dam. 
April was filled with coaching track, transitioning to the new cheer coach, my last girls weekend with Char and Jules, and helping to organize my last Quarter Auction. 
In May I graduated with my Associates Degree, Jillian performed in her dance recital, I Co-Coached my last Track team to Regional and State runner up titles. 
In June I applied for and accepted a job on Oregon’s North Coast, packed up our family, and said goodbye to some of my dearest friends and support system. 
July was spent adjusting to a tiny apartment and Doug starting a new job as Assistant Park Ranger for the State Park. 
In August Jillian started attending day camp and saw the sights of the area including the Astoria Tower, Trolley, County Fair, and Trip to the Zoo. I began working as the Head Secretary/Office Manager at Astoria High. 
September was a time for Jillian to start a new school and make new friends. I had a good 40th birthday. I also said good-bye to one of my dearest friends who lost her battle with Cancer. 
In October we faced some continued challenges and changes with adjusting to the area. 
November we traveled down to Medford to visit mom and came back up the coast visiting Newport and Tillamook. 
December finished up with school and traveled almost 2000 miles to visit Nevada seeing family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment